A Man For All Seasons (1988)
The last 7 years of the life of St. Thomas More, centering on the conflict between King Henry VIII and the Catholic Church, and how Thomas More got caught in the middle of it unwillingly, and how he tried to escape danger without disobeying his conscience.
Great movie, very witty, entertaining, and philosophical. This and the 1966 version are both great in different ways. See the review for that movie too, as it also mostly applies to this version.
- King Henry yells a lot and can be scary or confusing for kids.
- There is a depraved torture scene with Cromwell, Rich and a candle in the pub.
- The jail scene is too emotional for young kids.
- His breakdown in jail is out of character.
- The execution would traumatize young kids.
The rest of it is family friendly.
- Passion of the Christ (2004)
- A Man For All Seasons (1966)
- A Man For All Seasons (1988)
- Saints and Heroes Collection (1988-1995)
- Ignatius of Loyola (2016)
- Our God’s Brother (1997)
- Blessed Duns Scotus (2011)
- The 13th Day (2009)
- Bernadette (1988)
- Saint Maria Soledad (2016)
- St. Pedro Poveda (2016)
- Don Bosco (1988)
- Flowers of St. Francis (1950)
- The Jeweller’s Shop (1988)
- Monsieur Vincent (1947)
- Miracle of Saint Therese (1959)
- St. Augustine (2010)
- The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
- Mother Teresa (2003)
- Passion of Bernadette (1990)
- Padre Pio (2000)
- John XXIII (2002)
- Paul VI (2008)
- Pope John Paul II (2005)
- Saint John Baptist de la Salle (1968)