A Man For All Seasons (1966)
The last 7 years of the life of St. Thomas More, centering on the conflict between King Henry VIII and the Catholic Church, and how Thomas More got caught in the middle of it unwillingly, and how he tried to escape danger without disobeying his conscience.
Amazing movie that does justice to St. Thomas More’s life, principles, integrity, understanding of conscience, of law, and of religion. Takes good portions of its dialogue straight from official sources, and takes very few liberties, but ones that seem very true to his spirit based on books we have by him and about him.
- King Henry yells a lot and can be scary or confusing for kids.
- The jail scene is too emotional for young kids.
- The execution would traumatize young kids.
The rest of it is family friendly.
- Passion of the Christ (2004)
- A Man For All Seasons (1966)
- A Man For All Seasons (1988)
- Saints and Heroes Collection (1988-1995)
- Ignatius of Loyola (2016)
- Our God’s Brother (1997)
- Blessed Duns Scotus (2011)
- The 13th Day (2009)
- Bernadette (1988)
- Saint Maria Soledad (2016)
- St. Pedro Poveda (2016)
- Don Bosco (1988)
- Flowers of St. Francis (1950)
- The Jeweller’s Shop (1988)
- Monsieur Vincent (1947)
- Miracle of Saint Therese (1959)
- St. Augustine (2010)
- The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
- Mother Teresa (2003)
- Passion of Bernadette (1990)
- Padre Pio (2000)
- John XXIII (2002)
- Paul VI (2008)
- Pope John Paul II (2005)
- Saint John Baptist de la Salle (1968)